Log in Subscribe
History
211 results total, viewing 205 - 211
The last three weeks of October, 1903 proved to be difficult ones in the Upper Delaware region, as residents attempted to clean up after a particularly devastating flood. Following three days of … more
140 Years Ago - 1879 Three thousand bushels of potatoes were sent from Callicoon Depot to Port Jervis on Monday. Rev. O.D. Ramsey will preach in the German M.E. Church in this village on Sunday … more
By the time the D&H Canal began operation in 1828, effectively creating the community of Barryville, a rope-tow ferry was already running across the Delaware River not far from the outlet of Halfway … more
140 Years Ago - 1879 The ardent lovers of pumpkin pie will rejoice to learn that the pumpkin crop will be an im­mense one this Fall. George Beiling of Youngsville has obtained a position in a … more
It was Saturday night, the third of October in 1874, and the hamlet of Purvis was in a festive mood. Sylvester Carr, a popular local bartender was getting married the next day and his many … more
140 Years Ago - 1879 Marriage indications are very encouraging. We shall hear no more about the Beechwoods Post Office troubles. The office has been abolished. Mr. Ben W. Winner of Liberty … more
He was born in Callicoon and learned about hard work and the keys to success from his father, one of the area's largest employers and most respected citizens. His own vision and drive made him a … more
« Prev | 1 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18
Currently viewing stories posted within the past 2 years.
For all older stories, please use our advanced search.