BEACH LAKE, PA - Upper Delaware Scenic & Recreational River and the Zane Grey’s West Society will host the 16th Annual Zane Grey Festival. The free festival will be held on the grounds of …
BEACH LAKE, PA - Upper Delaware Scenic & Recreational River and the Zane Grey’s West Society will host the 16th Annual Zane Grey Festival. The free festival will be held on the grounds of Zane Grey Museum in Lackawaxen, Pennsylvania from 10:00 am to 4:00 pm on Saturday, July 16.
The Zane Grey Festival is geared towards fun for the entire family with many activities and events for children and adults throughout the day including:
• Bill Streeter of the Delaware Valley Raptor Center will present a live birds of prey show from 11:00 am – 12:00 pm.
• Brookvalley Farms will be offering horse-drawn wagon rides from 11:30 am – 3:30 pm.
• Adam DePaul, Tribal Council Member and Story Keeper of the Lenape of Pennsylvania, will present The Past and Present of the Lenape in Pennsylvania from 12:15 pm - 12:45 pm.
• Upper Delaware Puppeteers will present A Wildlife Journey Down the Upper Delaware from 1:00 pm - 1:20 pm.
• Park Ranger Rachael Freundlich will lead a guided walk around Dolly’s Garden Path from 1:00 pm -1:30 pm, highlighting the life of Dolly Grey, the woman behind Zane Grey.
• Local musician Dan Engvaldsen will perform folk music from 1:30 pm – 3:30 pm
• National Parks Conservation Association will hold interactive Water Table Demonstrations from 10:30 am – 10:45 am & 1:30 pm – 1:45 pm.
Ongoing throughout the day staff from Steamtown National Historic Site will demonstrate the “Ring of Fire” and the state of Pennsylvania will host their interactive Wood Mobile. There will be craft activities available for children of all ages, a children’s scavenger hunt, primitive skills demonstrations, weaving demonstrations, groundwater model demonstrations, kayak safety demos by the National Canoe Safety Patrol, and more!
Zane Grey’s legacy of literature and sportsmanship lives on in Lackawaxen! Come join the fun and learn more about the Western novelist from Lackawaxen and be sure to check out our brand new Little Free Library! Hamburgers, hotdogs, cold drinks, and much more will accompany the Honesdale National Bank’s fresh popcorn all day. For more information call (570) 685-4871 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
No comments on this item Please log in to comment by clicking here