GRAHAMSVILLE - The Time and the Valleys Museum, on St. Rt. 55 in Grahamsville, Sullivan County, will open for the season on Memorial Day Weekend – May 28 and 29th, from noon to 4 p.m.
To honor all fallen servicemen on this Memorial Day weekend:
- A special reinstallation of the exhibition A Rendezvous with Death: Local Sacrifice in the First World War. This exhibition highlights Sullivan County residents who participated in WWI and includes photos, artifacts and little known facts and interesting information about the war and those who participated (open through 4th of July weekend).
- Free admission to active duty military members (with ID) and up to five family members through our status as a Blue Star Museum. This free admission for members of the military and their families runs from Memorial Day to Labor Day.
Also special for this weekend:
- Hands on activities for kids with Native American artifacts, fossils and more.
- 10% off all shop merchandise and a FREE GIFT with all purchases!
- Water and the Valleys, an exhibit on the history of the Rondout and Neversink watershed area from early geological times to the 20th century. This exhibition includes a section on the Lenape Native Americans, early area settlers, farming, local industries and more.
- Tunnels, Toil and Trouble: New York City’s Quest for Water and the Rondout-Neversink Story, an engaging exhibition on NYC water supply system and the towns that were removed to build the system, includes why New York City needed water, a description of the three water systems, the heartache of the people who had to give up their homes and how the complex system was built.
- 1930s Catskill Family Farm is an outdoor, open air experience with several early farm buildings all illustrating life on a Catskill family farm during the 1930s, about to be removed for the building of a NYC reservoir. Building include a farmhouse, 1870s barn, electric plant, milk house, outhouse and workshop with WORKING waterwheel.
- One Teacher, Eight Grades, One Room is a new temporary exhibition on one room school in the Tri-Valley area. Includes a full size replica of a one room school!
The Museum is located at 332 Main Street (St. Rt. 55) in Grahamsville, Sullivan County. The Museum is open to the public on Saturday and Sunday, from noon to 4 p.m. through September or by appointment. Adults admission is a suggested donation of $5, Children under 16 $2, and children under six are free. Museum members are FREE.
For more information call (845) 985-7700, e-mail email@example.com or visit www.timeandthevalleysmuseum.org.